Novels by Agatha Christie
(1920) The Mysterious Affair at Styles Hercule Poirot, Arthur Hastings, Chief Inspector Japp
(1922) The Secret Adversary Tommy and Tuppence
(1923) The Murder on the Links Hercule Poirot, Arthur Hastings
(1924) The Man in the Brown Suit Anne Beddingfeld, Colonel Race
(1925) The Secret of Chimneys Superintendent Battle
(1926) The Murder of Roger Ackroyd Hercule Poirot
(1927) The Big Four Hercule Poirot, Arthur Hastings, Chief Inspector Japp
(1928) The Mystery of the Blue Train Hercule Poirot
(1929) The Seven Dials Mystery Bill Eversleigh, Superintendent Battle
(1930) The Murder at the Vicarage Miss Marple
(1931) The Sittaford Mystery or Murder at Hazelmoor Inspector Narracott] (1932) Peril at End House Hercule Poirot, Arthur Hastings, Chief Inspector Japp
(1933) Lord Edgware Dies or Thirteen at Dinner Hercule Poirot, Arthur Hastings, Chief Inspector Japp
(1934) Murder on the Orient Express or Murder in the Calais Coach Hercule Poirot
(1934) Why Didn't They Ask Evans? or The Boomerang Clue Bobby Jones
(1935) Three Act Tragedy or Murder in Three Acts Hercule Poirot
(1935) Death in the Clouds or Death in the Air Hercule Poirot, Chief Inspector Japp
(1936) The A.B.C. Murders or The Alphabet Murders Hercule Poirot, Arthur Hastings, Chief Inspector Japp
(1936) Murder in Mesopotamia Hercule Poirot
(1936) Cards on the Table Hercule Poirot, Colonel Race, Superintendent Battle, Ariadne Oliver
(1937) Dumb Witness, Poirot Loses a Client, Mystery at Littlegreen House, or Murder at Littlegreen House Hercule Poirot, Arthur Hastings
(1937) Death on the Nile Hercule Poirot, Colonel Race
(1938) Appointment with Death Hercule Poirot
(1938) Hercule Poirot's Christmas, Murder for Christmas or A Holiday for Murder Hercule Poirot
(1939) Murder is Easy, or Easy to Kill Superintendent Battle
(1939) And Then There Were None>/i>, or Ten Little Indians, also Ten Little Niggers
(1940) Sad Cypress Hercule Poirot
(1940) One, Two, Buckle My Shoe, or An Overdose of Death, or The Patriotic Murders Hercule Poirot, Chief Inspector Japp
(1941) Evil Under the Sun Hercule Poirot
(1941) N or M? Tommy and Tuppence
(1942) The Body in the Library Miss Marple
(1942) Five Little Pigs, or Murder in Retrospect Hercule Poirot
(1942) The Moving Finger, or The Case of the Moving Finger Miss Marple
(1944) Towards Zero, or Come and Be Hanged Superintendent Battle, Inspector James Leach
(1944) Death Comes as the End
(1945) Sparkling Cyanide, or Remembered Death Colonel Race
(1946) The Hollow, also Murder After Hours Hercule Poirot
(1948) Taken at the Flood, or There is a Tide Hercule Poirot
(1949) Crooked House Charles Hayward
(1950) A Murder is Announced Miss Marple
(1951) They Came to Baghdad Victoria Jones
(1952) Mrs McGinty's Dead, or Blood Will Tell Hercule Poirot, Ariadne Oliver
(1952) They Do It with Mirrors, or Murder with Mirrors Miss Marple
(1953) After the Funeral, or Funerals are Fatal, also Murder at the Gallop Hercule Poirot
(1953) A Pocket Full of Rye Miss Marple
(1954) Destination Unknown, or So Many Steps to Death
(1955) Hickory Dickory Dock, or Hickory Dickory Death Hercule Poirot
(1956) Dead Man's Folly Hercule Poirot, Ariadne Oliver
(1957) 4.50 from Paddington, or What Mrs. McGillycuddy Saw, or Murder She Said Miss Marple
(1958) Ordeal by Innocence
(1959) Cat Among the Pigeons Hercule Poirot
(1961) The Pale Horse Inspector Lejeune, Ariadne Oliver
(1962) The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side, or The Mirror Crack'd Miss Marple
(1963) The Clocks Hercule Poirot
(1964) A Caribbean Mystery Miss Marple
(1965) At Bertram's Hotel Miss Marple
(1966) Third Girl Hercule Poirot, Ariadne Oliver
(1967) Endless Night
(1968) By the Pricking of My Thumbs Tommy and Tuppence
(1969) Hallowe'en Party Hercule Poirot, Ariadne Oliver
(1970) Passenger to Frankfurt
(1971) Nemesis Miss Marple
(1972) Elephants Can Remember
(1973) Postern of Fate Tommy and Tuppence
(1975) Curtain Hercule Poirot, Arthur Hastings
(1976) Sleeping Murder Miss Marple
Collections of Short Stories
Christie wrote 160 short stories in her career. Twelve of the stories, published in The Sketch magazine (1924), under the sub-heading of "The Man who was No. 4" were re-written into one continuous narrative in the novel The Big Four (1927). "The Submarine Plans" (1923), "Christmas Adventure" (1923), "The Mystery of the Baghdad Chest" (1932) and "The Second Gong" (1932), were expanded into longer narratives by Christie as The Incredible Theft, The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding, The Mystery of the Spanish Chest and Dead Man's Mirror respectively.
Only one short story remains unpublished in the UK in book form: "Three Blind Mice" (1948) on which Christie placed a moratorium whilst the stage play based on the story, The Mousetrap, was still running in the West End.
In the US, the stories "The Incredible Theft" and "Christmas Adventure" have not been published in book form.
- 1924 Poirot Investigates (short stories: eleven in the UK, fourteen in the US)
- 1929 Partners in Crime (fifteen short stories; featuring Tommy and Tuppence)
- 1930 The Mysterious Mr. Quin (twelve short stories; introducing Mr. Harley Quin)
- 1932 The Thirteen Problems (thirteen short stories; featuring Miss Marple, also known as The Tuesday Club Murders in the US)
- 1933 The Hound of Death (twelve short stories - UK only)
- 1934 The Listerdale mystery (twelve short stories - UK only)
- 1934 Parker Pyne Investigates (twelve short stories; introducing Parker Pyne and Ariadne Oliver, also known as Mr. Parker Pyne, Detective in the US)
- 1937 Murder in the Mews (four novella-length stories; featuring Hercule Poirot, also known as Dead Man's Mirror in the US)
- 1939 Regatta Mystery and Other Stories (nine short stories - US only)
- 1947 The Labours of Hercules (twelve short stories; featuring Hercule Poirot)
- 1948 The Witness for the Prosecution and Other Stories (eleven short stories - US only)
- 1950 Three Blind Mice and Other Stories (nine short stories - US only)
- 1951 The Under Dog and Other Stories (nine short stories - US only)
- 1960 The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding (six short stories - UK only)
- 1961 Double Sin and Other Stories (eight short stories - US only)
- 1971 The Golden Ball and Other Stories (fifteen short stories - US only)
- 1974 Poirot's Early Cases (eighteen short stories, also known as Hercule Poirot's Early Cases in the US)
- 1979 Miss Marple's Final Cases and Two Other Stories (eight short stories - UK only)
- 1991 Problem at Pollensa Bay and Other Stories (eight short stories - UK only)
- 1997 The Harlequin Tea Set (nine short stories - US only)
- 1997 While the Light Lasts and Other Stories (nine short stories - UK only)
Novels written as Mary Westmacott
- 1930 Giant's Bread
- 1934 Unfinished Portrait
- 1944 Absent in the Spring
- 1948 The Rose and the Yew Tree
- 1952 A Daughter's a Daughter
- 1956 The Burden
- 1930 Black Coffee
- 1943 And Then There Were None
- 1945 Appointment with Death
- 1946 Murder on the Nile/Hidden Horizon
- 1951 The Hollow
- 1951 A Daughter's a Daughter (Written in the late 1930's. Performed once. Unpublished and later turned into the 1952 Mary Westmacott novel)
- 1952 The Mousetrap
- 1953 Witness for the Prosecution
- 1954 Spider's Web
- 1958 Verdict
- 1958 The Unexpected Guest
- 1960 Go Back for Murder
- 1962 Rule of Three (Comprised of "Afternoon at the Seaside", "The Rats" and "The Patient")
- 1972 Fiddler's Three (Originally written as Fiddler's Five. Unpublished.)
- 1973 Akhnaton (Written in 1937)
- 2003 Chimneys (Written in 1931, but unperformed for 72 years. Unpublished.)
- 1937 Yellow Iris (Based on the short story of the same name)
- 1947 Three Blind Mice (Christie's celebrated stage play The Mousetrap was based on this radio play)
- 1948 Butter In a Lordly Dish
- 1960 Personal Call (A BBC Radio recording of this play is known to exist)
- 1937 Wasp's Nest (Based on the short story of the same name)
- 1946 Come, Tell Me How You Live
- 1977 Agatha Christie: An Autobiography
Other published works
- 1925 The Road of Dreams (Poetry)
- 1965 Star Over Bethlehem and other stories (Christian stories and poems)
- 1973 Poems
She has co-authored several other books and plays. Some of her material remains unpublished.Movie Adaptations of her Work
- 1928 The Passing of Mr. Quinn (Based on the short story The Coming of Mr. Quin)
- 1929 Die Abenteurer GmbH (Based on The Secret Adversary)
- 1931 Alibi (Based on the stage play of the same name from the novel The Murder of Roger Ackroyd)
- 1931 Black Coffee
- 1934 Lord Edgware Dies
- 1937 Love from a Stranger (Film) (Based on the stage play of the same name from the short story Philomel Cottage)
- 1945 And Then There Were None
- 1947 Love from a Stranger (Film)
- 1957 Witness for the Prosecution
- 1960 Spider's Web (film)
- 1962 Murder, She Said (Based on the novel 4.50 From Paddington)
- 1963 Murder at the Gallop (Based on the novel After the Funeral)
- 1964 Murder Most Foul (Based on the novel Mrs. McGinty's Dead)
- 1964 Murder Ahoy! (An original movie not based on any of the books, though it borrows some of the elements of They Do It with Mirrors)
- 1965 Gumnaam (uncredited adaptation of And Then There Were None}
- 1966 Ten Little Indians
- 1966 The Alphabet Murders (Based on The A.B.C. Murders)
- 1972 Endless Night
- 1974 Murder on the Orient Express
- 1975 Ten Little Indians
- 1978 Death on the Nile
- 1980 The Mirror Crack'd (Based on The Mirror Crack'd From Side to Side)
- 1982 Evil Under the Sun
- 1984 Ordeal by Innocence
- 1988 Appointment with Death
- 1987 Desyat Negrityat (Ten Little Niggers)
- 1989 Ten Little Indians
- 2005 Mon petit doigt m'a dit... (By the Pricking of my Thumb)
- 2007 L'Heure zéro (Towards Zero)
- 1938 "Love from a Stranger" (TV) (Based on the stage play of the same name from the short story Philomel Cottage)
- 1947 "Love from a Stranger" (TV)
- 1949 "Ten Little Indians"
- 1959 "Ten Little Indians"
- 1970 "Murder at the Vicarage"
- 1980 "Why Didn't They Ask Evans?"
- 1982 "Spider's Web" (TV)
- 1982 "The Seven Dials Mystery"
- 1982 "The Agatha Christie Hour"
- 1982 "Murder is Easy"
- 1982 "The Witness for the Prosecution"
- 1983 "The Secret Adversary"
- 1983 "Partners in Crime"
- 1983 "A Caribbean Mystery"
- 1983 "Sparkling Cyanide"
- 1984 "The Body in the Library"
- 1985 "Murder with Mirrors"
- 1985 "The Moving Finger"
- 1985 "A Murder Is Announced"
- 1985 "A Pocket Full of Rye"
- 1985 "Thirteen at Dinner"
- 1986 "Dead Man's Folly"
- 1986 "Murder in Three Acts"
- 1986 "Murder at the Vicarage"
- 1987 "Sleeping Murder"
- 1987 "At Bertram's Hotel"
- 1987 "Nemesis"
- 1987 "4.50 from Paddington"
- 1989 "The Man in the Brown Suit"
- 1989 "A Caribbean Mystery"
- 1991 "They Do It with Mirrors"
- 1992 "The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side"
- 1997 "The Pale Horse"
- 2001 "Murder on the Orient Express" (very loose adaptation)
- 2003 "Sparkling Cyanide" (very loose adaptation)
- 2004 "The Body in the Library" (very loose adaptation)
- 2004 "Murder at the Vicarage"
- 2004 "Appointment with Death"
- 2005 "A Murder is Announced"
- 2005 "Sleeping Murder"
- 2006 "The Moving Finger"
- 2006 "By the Pricking of My Thumbs"
- 2006 "The Sittaford Mystery"
- 2007 "Hercule Poirot's Christmas" (A French film adaptation)
- 2007 "Towards Zero"
- 2007 "Nemesis" (very loose adaptation)
- 2007 "At Bertram's Hotel" (very loose adaptation)
- 2007 "Ordeal by Innocence"
Agatha Christie's Poirot television series
- 1990 "Peril at End House"
- 1990 "The Mysterious Affair at Styles"
- 1994 "Hercule Poirot's Christmas"
- 1995 "Murder on the Links"
- 1995 "Hickory Dickory Dock"
- 1996 "Dumb Witness"
- 2000 "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd" (very loose adaptation)
- 2000 "Lord Edgware Dies"
- 2001 "Evil Under the Sun"
- 2001 "Murder in Mesopotamia"
- 2004 "Five Little Pigs"
- 2004 "Death on the Nile"
- 2004 "Sad Cypress"
- 2004 "The Hollow"
- 2005 "The Mystery of the Blue Train"
- 2005 "Cards on the Table"
- 2005 "Taken at the Flood"
Name: Christie, Agatha Mary
Alternative Names: Lady Mallowan
Date Of Birth: 15 September 1890(1890-09-15)
Place Of Birth: Torquay, Devon, England
Date Of Death: 12 January 1976
Place Of Death: Wallingford, Oxfordshire, England
Copyright © 1999 - 2017 by Frederick D. Oldfield
All rights reserved.
Powered by FoDOweb.